COLHIBIN PF is a paraben-free biological, rice-derived inhibitor of collagenase. Collagenases, also known as Matrix Metalloproteinases (MMP), are factors that promote the early onset of skin aging. The impressive collagen protecting properties of COLHIBIN are proven by several in-vivo studies on human MMP-1 and MMP-2 and its in-vivo efficacy has proven to be effective. COLHIBIN is the result of carefully isolated fractions of natural rice peptides. G
Skin is exposed to a great deal of stress, particularly ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun can lead to severe alterations and damage of skin cells and the extracellular matrix. This photodamage results in wrinkling, loss of thickness, increased fragility and premature aging. The changes in the skin are normally slow but persistent and begin to take place already at suberythemal doses of UV-irradiation. The destruction is therefore hardly remarked in the beginning. The UV-provoked induction of collagen degradation is derived from collagenases that are released in excess by skin cells like keratinocytes or fibroblasts. This is part of a natural defense reaction of the cells. In general, inflammatory skin disorders can increase the action of collagenase in the skin but it is also known that excessive collagenase is causing irritation and inflammation. These mechanisms have been demonstrated several times by skin research groups. Since slight irritations happen very frequently or they are permanently present, the activity of collagenase gets stepwise out of balance and leads to the breakdown of connective tissue. In particular the destruction of collagen results in the signs of skin aging, visible in the formation of wrinkles and decreasing elasticity. COLHIBIN is able to block the very damaging effect of collagenases induced by sun radiation, namely the collagen breakdown. For this reason, COLHIBIN represents a milestone in maintaining and restoring the collagen homeostasis of the skin and is ideally used as an anti-aging ingredient that is also able to elevate the moisture content of the skin.
COLHIBIN is a plant (rice) derived ingredient which protects the skin from the collagen degrading effects of collagenases induced either by UV-radiation or other skin irritants. Thereby, COLHIBIN helps to delay early skin aging, characterized by degeneration of matrix proteins, wrinkle formation, reduced elasticity and skin dryness. More advantages of COLHIBIN are taken from its moisturizing effect. For this reason, COLHIBIN is the ideal component for anti-aging products and is an excellent ingredient for the creation of new concepts for sun- and environmental stress protection formulations.
Collageneer® is an anti-aging and firming ingredient that stimulates the synthesis of a high-quality collagen to increase elasticity and firmness in the skin, helping to remodel the facial contour.
Collageneer® is made from lupeol, which is extracted from the coatings of sweet white lupin seeds in a patented process. Once extracted, the lupeol is solubilized in oleic sunflower oil and then semi-refined and stabilized by adding natural ±-tocopherol. Sourced from lupine plants cultivated using sustainable agricultural practices in France.
Collageneer® works by stimulating the production of HSP47 in the skin. HSP47 is a collagen-specific I molecular chaperone which helps the synthesis of good quality procollagen I.
- Increases skin firmness and elasticity
- Remodels the facial profile
- Anti-aging skin care products
- Remodeling skin care products
- Firming skin care products
- Eye contour treatments
In vitro tests:
In a 72-hour treatment, Lupeol increased production and secretion of type I collagen by 46%.
In a 48-hour treatment, Lupeol induces overproduction of HSP47, a type I molecular chaperone, at a rate of +21%.
In vivo tests:
25 volunteers aged 45 to 65 years tested a cream with 2% Collageneer® for 89 days.
- Skin elasticity test via cutometer showed increases in the Ur/Ue and Ur/Uf parameters of 11.2% and 10.6 percent, respectively, at T89.
- Facial contour was remodeled, showing a significant reduction of facial oval sag volume at T42 and T89.
- In self-assessments, 92% of the volunteers noticed improved firmness of the skin and 72% noticed reduced sagging of the facial contour.
EYEDELINE™ marine ingredient is a new cosmetic active which provides complete care of the eye contour area by reducing fluid extravasation and increasing the degradation of bilirubin. It also boosts collagen and elastin synthesis and decreases the formation of advanced glycation end products (AGEs), for a brighter and younger look. It is part of Lipotec’s new BIOINTEC™ blue biotechnology line of biotechnological ingredients. Isolated from a natually-occuring marine microorganism (E. crustaceum) isolated in Playa Paraiso, Tenerife Island in Spain, it is produced through biotechnology, so there is no harvesting or extracting from nature.
The look of the eyes transmits beauty and attractiveness and it is essential in interpersonal communication. As we age, the delicate skin around the eyes becomes even thinner and therefore more susceptible to age-related changes. Eye puffiness appears due to liquid retention as a consequence of higher permeability of blood vessels, which when added to bilirubin accumulation (from hemoglobin breakdown) induces vascular pigmentation and therefore dark circles. In addition, the deterioration of skin support proteins, like collagen and elastin, contributes to an increased visibility of such signs, besides the development of wrinkles.
EyedelineTM marine ingredient provides complete care around the eyes acting by addressing all of these issues.
In Vivo Test on Volunteers
- A panel of 21 females (22-65 years old) with dark circles applies a placebo cream on one side of the eye contour area, and a cream with 1% EYEDELINETM marine ingredient on the other side, twice a day for 28 days. The vascular component (red color) of dark circles was then calculated from high resolution photographs taken under cross polarized light.
- The active ingredient reduced the vascular component of dark circles by 1.5%, and was 35.7% more effective than the placebo.
- A group of 20 female subjects (aged 41-66) showing eyebags used a cream with 4% EYEDELINETM marine ingredient on half of the face around the eye and a placebo cream on the other half, twice a day, for 28 days. Fringe projection technique was used to evaluate the eyebags volume. The results were already evident after 14 days, reducing them by 8.2% after 28 days.
- A panel of 18 females (40-54 years old) applied a placebo cream or a cream with 2% EYEDELINETM marine ingredient on crow’s feet wrinkles of one eye or the other, twice a day and for 14 days. Measurement of in vivo skin topometry of crow’s feet was performed by fringe projections. EYEDELINETM provided a general smoothing effect by reducing roughness by 9.0%, mean wrinkle depth by 8.75% and Maximum wrinkle depth by 9.8%.
- Decreases vascular permeability to ameliorate eyebags and dark circles
- Enhances bilirubin degradation to reduce the vascular pigmentation that causes dark coloration under the eyes
- Promotes the production of type I collagen and elastin by dermal fibroblasts
- Diminishes glycation of collagen to maintain strength and elasticity of the dermis
- In vivo, it improves the appearance of all signs of aging in the eye contour area, including dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles
Homeostatine® from Provital is an active complex of two natural botanical ingredients: the active, a marine pentasaccharide (MPS) obtained from a marine seaweed, Enteromorpha compressa, and a polysaccharide fraction (galactomannans), extracted from the Andean tara tree, Caesalpinia spinosa, that makes a novel 3D hydrocolloidal matrix.
Through an innovative process, Homeostatine® prevents and reduces wrinkles by recovering and maintaining homeostasis in the dermal extra-cellular matrix. It increases the production of dermal collagen and other ECM components in fibroblasts. It inhibits the synthesis of Metalloproteinases (MMP) as well as the synthesis of pro-inflammatory mediators. Homeostatine® operates on two levels of combined action. MPS, the small molecules, penetrate the epidermis and act on the fibroblasts’ metabolism; and Galactomannan, the high molecular weight molecules remain on the horny layer, acting as a gradual MPS release system. The result is less wrinkled, more elastic and firmer skin.
D’Orientine S is a patented, plant-derived cosmetic active ingredient extracted from the date-palm kernel (Phoenix Dactylyfera) with clinically proven anti-wrinkle efficacy and free radical scavenging properties. Its unique complex of 7 natural compounds work synergistically to delay the visible signs of aging.
- Phytosterols Barrier function
- Phytosteroids Hormone-like activity
- Isoflavones Anti-Aging
- Ursolic Acid Regenerating
- Policosanols Neuro-immune system
- Tocotrienols Antioxidant
- Vitamin A Antioxidant
- Decreases skin wrinkles rapidly and significantly
- Slows the effects of aging better than DHEA on ex-vivo skin
- Increases type I collagen synthesis on ex-vivo skin
- Improves the natural defense mechanisms against oxidative stress (SOD and catalase)
- Reduces protein carbonylation
- Decreased lipid peroxidation
- Preservative free
- Validated by ECOCERT for use in organic products
Pentacare-NA is a plant-derived tensing treatment for the skin, made to tighten the skin rapidly and smooth fine wrinkles. It forms a visco-elastic film without the effects of crumbling or pilling that can be seen with other mechanical tighteners. Pentacare-NA is a mixture of galactomannanes obtained from the seeds of locust bean gum and hydrolyzed proteins isolated from wheat gluten. The strong molecular interaction between the two components is the base for the skin tightening effect. This is the PF (paraben-free) version.
The skin tightening effect was measured by cutometry over a period of 3 hours. Pentacare-NA was compared to Serum Albumin (5% in a carbomer gel each) over a period of 3 hours, and showed a clearly measurable tightening effect, similar to that of Serum Albumin.
When formulated into an appropriate topical formulation, Pentacare-NA will:
- Smooth fine wrinkles
- Provide a perceptible long-lasting tightening effect
- Avoid the negative effects caused by the agglomeration of pigments in eye or lip wrinkles
Syn®-Coll is a synthetic peptide designed to stimulate the skin’s natural mechanism to produce collagen. It is based on a small peptide developed to reduce any type of wrinkles. Clinical trials have shown that Syn®-Coll is capable of reducing and changing the type and aspect of wrinkles that add years to your appearance.
Syn®-Coll is useful in anti-aging products and wrinkle treatment products such as gels, serums, lotions and creams.
- Syn®-Coll stimulates collagen synthesis
- Syn®-Coll actively removes any type of wrinkle
- Syn®-Coll has in addition skin firming and moisturizing properties
- Syn®-Coll has been clinically proven to be safe and effective.